If you are regularly producing the same reports, doing the same data analysis and other repetitive work week after week in Excel then we will show you how to get off the hamster wheel of repetitive work, so you can focus on adding real value to your company.
This is the only Excel VBA and Macros course on the market purpose-built to teach Excel VBA and Macros skills to corporate professionals including Analysts, Accountants, Controllers, PMO’s, Project Managers, Management Consultants, And Other Corporate Professionals.
If that includes you then keep reading and see how this course has changed the lives of our students (Yes, you read that correctly, this Excel VBA and Macros course is changing lives!)’
Our approach to teaching is firmly rooted in the human psychology of quick wins so we have you programming in the first few minutes. Just like each and every one of our students, you will gain massive confidence in your VBA skills right from the start.
We have had students automating aspects of their work the day after starting! And whilst individual results vary, most of our students develop enough skills to begin saving tremendous amounts of time at work within a few short weeks.
Skill level: Intermediate to Advanced
Video: 15+ total hours
Get a certificate of completion that can be displayed on LinkedIn
You will learn VBA and Macros with my unique experienced based approach focusing on a handful of key themes. You will be effortless programming in a shockingly quick time frame. Our approach is so efficient that we don’t even allow you to learn unnecessary & confusing jargon which all other courses teach you first, so you get to experience some quick wins and find out exactly how amazing VBA/Macros can be!
1. Cells and Ranges
2. Copy And Paste
3. Controlling Fonts And Colouring Cells
4. Multiple Lines, Clearing And Column Widths
5. Building Logic With If
6. Building Logic With Select Case
7. The Importance Of Loops
8. Introduction To Automation
9. Loops And Selecting Ranges
10. Maneuvering And Macros
11. Constants And Variables
12. The Most Important Line In VBA You Need To Know!
13. Putting Together Everything So Far To Demonstrate Automation
This module continues the accelerated learning with a focus on introducing you to Macros and the best way to take advantage of Macros in your work.
1. Macro File Formats
2. Developer Tab And Macro Security
3. Modules, Macros And Relative References
4. A First Look At Buttons
5. Charting Driven By Macros
6. Why Macros Can Go Wrong And What To Do About It
7. Handling Errors And Sheet Issues
8. Dynamic Charting: Part 1
9. Dynamic Charting: Part 2
10. Dynamic Charting: Part 3
11. End With
12. Controlling Autofilters
13. Controlling Formulas
We take a more in depth look at the five levels of looping, This will make you very confident about your automation skills. At the end we look at the alternative of VBA data gathering with Power Query which can save a lot of time over VBA but still has its limitations.
1. 5 Levels Of Looping Part 1
2. 5 Levels Of Looping Part 2
3. 5 Levels Of Looping Part 3
4. 5 Levels Of Looping Part 4
5. 5 Levels Of Looping Part 5
6. VBA Alternative: Gathering Data With Power Query
Your VBA skills will dramatically improve here as I start to make you an automation expert and all while you learn one of the most important topics of gathering information from people. A skill that will make you invaluable to your bosses and teams if you get it right. Not only do you get technical skills, but I share best practices from a professional perspective when it comes to getting information, insight from my years of working, making mistakes and learning the hard way. It will make all the difference
2. Creating An Input Sheet Template
3. Mass Producing Input Sheets 1: Set The Scene
4. Mass Producing Input Sheets 2: Worksheet Variables
5. Mass Producing Input Sheets 3: Autofilter Revisited And Paste special
6. Mass Producing Input Sheets 4: Manipulating Filter Criteria
7. Mass Producing Input Sheets 5 Creating A Unique List To Prepare For Looping
8. Mass Producing Input Sheets 6 Instantly Creating 25 Unique Input Excel Files
Your Automation skills will deepen as we look at some powerful techniques to speed up our work dramatically and we delve even more in to one of the foundations of VBA automation: Loops. By the end of this lesson you will be an expert at automation, and you will be able to confidently speed up your work and since this is one of the most coveted analytical skills, you will be in a position to command a much higher salary.
1. Starting The New Process
2. Open Up One File And Copy Data
3. Introduction To The Do While Loop
4. Looping Through All Files In A Folder And Copying Data
5. Setting Up New Data Before We Bring Into Our Long Boring List
6. Looking Up Latest Data Manually Into Our Long Boring List
7. Looking Up Latest Data Automatically Into Our Long Boring List
8. Putting It All Together
We will learn to programmatically control PowerPoint from Excel. This is a course that is not available anywhere else. It is truly a high value corporate professionals’ domain (Analysts, PMO’s, Project Managers and Management Consultants).
1. Why PowerPoint?
2. Introduction to the Object Model
3. Programming in PowerPoint 1: Basics
4. Programming in PowerPoint 1: Shapes
5. Programming in PowerPoint 1: Tables
6. Opening PowerPoint from Excel
7. Pasting an Excel range as an Image in PowerPoint
8. Translating Excel data into a table in PowerPoint 1
9. Translating Excel data into a table in PowerPoint 2: Multiple Slides
10. Drawing Shapes in Excel
11. Translating Excel data into Shapes in PowerPoint
We cover the best practices for structuring a word document to prepare it for automation. Then we will learn how to mass produce Invoices, how to automate a ‘Change Control’ process (for Project and Programmes) and finally we will be guided by former student Celia Alves on how to create a Purchase Order system entirely within Word and Excel!
1. Introduction and Creating an MS Word Invoice from Excel
2. Gathering Data from MS Word docs in to Excel (Change Control Form)
3. Purchase order system: part 1 – Excel to word
4. Purchase order system: part 2 – The word template
5. Purchase order system: part 3 – Save & print button
6. Purchase order system: part 4 – Excel to word
In this section I share with you some of the best Excel VBA solutions I have built in my career and walk you through them in detail. Carefully chosen, these are templates, reports and solutions that have played a huge role in me earning over 6 figures, so I am giving them to you to learn, steal and call your own.
1. Resource Analysis: Good practice for managing data
2. Dynamic Charts
3. Charting Actual vs Forecast
4. Segmenting for deeper MI
5. Meaningful Resource Analysis
6. Interesting MI Aesthetics, automating folders and PDF files
7. Automate the creation of a PowerPoint slide deck
8. Combining PowerPoint with Information Gathering
9. Automating the production of a Project Summary front page in PowerPoint
Excel Your Career
For Career Changers
We have had the pleasure of helping over 2000 professionals to better their skills and become indispensable to their companies. Here are some encouraging words from just a few:
“This course is excellent. The Skills I have developed have given me the confidence to tackle advanced problems in an Investment Banking environment. Unlike other courses, the tutorials are practical, to the point and are relevant to professionals. I would highly recommend this course.”
“Sohail’s courses have provided me with the guidance and traction to hugely grow my earnings – in fact trebled my income over the past few weeks upon completion. This was due to the fact there’s a formula that for me clarified core missing pieces. For me this has been a real game changer and a catalyst.”
“I applied many of the skills I learnt through your excel course to automate many aspects of my work and it has been a huge help. My next step is to improve my VBA skills!”
“The VBA course has been a game changer as the ability to automate was something I longed for in order to be more efficient and more effective as a professional. I also really liked the PowerPoint lesson and the Marketing Your Skills lesson. This course is the complete package, I would recommend this course 100%
HOW DO YOU DELIVER YOUR COURSES?
Once you have signed up then we will send you an email with a link to access our training dashboard, you can access all of our courses from this dashboard.All courses consist of video lessons that can be viewed on your device of choice and also to truly enhance your learning you will access lots of exercise files relevant to the lessons.
THERE ARE MANY OPTIONS THESE DAYS TO LEARN, WHY GO WITH YOUR COURSES?
Great question, well frankly we make the best courses because all of our trainers have spent 10+ years using these skills in the real world! True knowledge is passed on from people who have been in the trenches, putting in long hours, solving real problems creatively. Our mission is to empower you with the very best of what works and more importantly, leave out what is unnecessary and thus a waste of your precious time.
HOW LONG WILL IT TAKE TO LEARN THESE SKILLS?
It depends on your level of commitment. Our students have seen incredible results from as little as 3o mins a day. But remember the magic is in applying the skills as much as learning them. Our courses are designed with this in mind. On the very practical end we have students who squeeze in a few mins here and there on their commute and some do dedicated 2-3 hour weekend sessions. One of our most successful students Jayne managed to get up at 4am to do her learning! This paid off massively as it landed her a six figure analyst job in a bank!
CAN MY EMPLOYER PAY FOR MY TRAINING?
Yes, this is quite common since we focus on helping actual corporate employees. Note that for teams we offer bulk discounts. However, this needs to be done with a corporate credit/debit card. We don’t accept transfer/remittances. Get in touch if you have any specific questions.
DO YOU HAVE A REFUND POLICY?
Yes, we do, we will dust it off if you need it because it rarely happens! You have 30 days to let us know that the training isn’t right for you and we will happily refund.