Machine Learning Course
About this course
This course is jam-packed with everything you need to get started with machine learning. We will look at various algorithm types, such as linear regression, logistic regression, decision trees, random forest, ensembled models, and beyond. Each model type will have lectures devoted to conceptualizing its mechanics, with some easy-to-follow math as well. In addition to conceptual lectures, there will be accompanying videos on key data science theory to improve accuracy and avoid common model pitfalls. Finally, each model type will have a coding video in Python to demonstrate the algorithm in action. We will also discuss common tips and tricks for cleaning data in preparation for machine learning, as well as an overview of machine learning in R.
We will cover the following topics (please use the contents to learn further details of lessons that will be covered)
- Simple Linear Regression
- Multiple Linear Regression
- Logistic Regression
- Decision Tree
- Random Tree
- Model Ensembling & Unsupervised Learning
- Data Cleaning
- Additional Machine Learning in R
Skill level: Beginner to Intermediate
Video: 10 hours and 2 minutes
Get a certificate of completion that can be displayed on LinkedIn
What You'll Learn (click for details)
Module 1: Simple Linear Regression
1. Simple Linear Regression - Theory
2. Simple Linear Regression - Code
Module 2: Multiple Linear Regression
1. Multiple Linear Regression - Theory
2. Multiple Linear Regression - Code
3. Assumptions of Linear Regression - Theory
4. Curse of Dimensionality - Theory
5. Model Accuracy and Train Test Split - Code
Module 3: Logistic Regression
1. Logistic Regression - Theory
2. Logistic Regression - Code
Module 4: Decision Tree
1. Decision Tree - Theory
2. Cross-Validation & Hyperparameter Tuning - Theory
3. Decision Tree Classifier - Code
4. Decision Tree Classifier with Hyperparameter Tuning - Code
5. Decision Tree Regressor - Code
6. Decision Tree Regressor with Hyperparameter Tuning - Code
7. Decision Tree - Theory
8. Cross-Validation & Hyperparameter Tuning - Theory
9. Decision Tree Classifier - Code
10. Decision Tree Classifier with Hyperparameter Tuning - Code
11. Decision Tree Regressor - Code
12. Decision Tree Regressor with Hyperparameter Tuning - Code
Module 5: Random Tree
1. Random Forest - Theory
2. Random Forest Classifier - Code
3. Random Forest Classifier with Hyperparameter Tuning - Code
4. Random Forest Regressor - Code
5. Random Forest Regressor with Hyperparameter Tuning - Code
Module 6: Model Ensembling & Unsupervised Learning
1. Ensembling Models - Theory
2. Model Ensembling - Code
3. Unsupervised vs. Supervised Learning + Summary of NLP and Deep Learning - Theory
Module 7: Data Cleaning
1. Stepwise Selection - Theory
2. Stepwise Selection - Code
3. Label Encoding - Theory
4. Label Encoding - Code
5. Dummification - Theory
6. Dummification - Code
7. KNN - Theory
8. KNN - Code
9. Data Cleaning Walkthrough 1 (Housing Prices) - Code
10. Data Cleaning Walkthrough 2 (Titanic) - Code
Module 8: Additional Machine Learning in R
1. Simple Linear Regression in R - Code
2. Multiple Linear Regression in R - Code
3. Logistic Regression in R - Code
4. Decision Tree in R - Code
5. Random Forest in R - Code
6. R Data Cleaning Example Part 1 - Code
7. R Data Cleaning Example Part 2 - Code
We have had the pleasure of helping over 2000 professionals to better their skills and become indispensable to their companies. Here are some encouraging words from just a few:
Investment Banking PMO, London
“This course is excellent. The Skills I have developed have given me the confidence to tackle advanced problems in an Investment Banking environment. Unlike other courses, the tutorials are practical, to the point and are relevant to professionals. I would highly recommend this course.”
Senior Project Manager, New Zealand
“Sohail’s courses have provided me with the guidance and traction to hugely grow my earnings – in fact trebled my income over the past few weeks upon completion. This was due to the fact there’s a formula that for me clarified core missing pieces. For me this has been a real game changer and a catalyst.”
Senior Financial Analyst, Canada
“I applied many of the skills I learnt through your excel course to automate many aspects of my work and it has been a huge help. My next step is to improve my VBA skills!”
Project Manager, US
“The VBA course has been a game changer as the ability to automate was something I longed for in order to be more efficient and more effective as a professional. I also really liked the PowerPoint lesson and the Marketing Your Skills lesson. This course is the complete package, I would recommend this course 100%
Some Of The Companies Our Students Work At
Frequently Asked Questions
HOW DO YOU DELIVER YOUR COURSES?
Once you have signed up then we will send you an email with a link to access our training dashboard, you can access all of our courses from this dashboard.All courses consist of video lessons that can be viewed on your device of choice and also to truly enhance your learning you will access lots of exercise files relevant to the lessons.
THERE ARE MANY OPTIONS THESE DAYS TO LEARN, WHY GO WITH YOUR COURSES?
Great question, well frankly we make the best courses because all of our trainers have spent 10+ years using these skills in the real world! True knowledge is passed on from people who have been in the trenches, putting in long hours, solving real problems creatively. Our mission is to empower you with the very best of what works and more importantly, leave out what is unnecessary and thus a waste of your precious time.
HOW LONG WILL IT TAKE TO LEARN THESE SKILLS?
It depends on your level of commitment. Our students have seen incredible results from as little as 3o mins a day. But remember the magic is in applying the skills as much as learning them. Our courses are designed with this in mind. On the very practical end we have students who squeeze in a few mins here and there on their commute and some do dedicated 2-3 hour weekend sessions. One of our most successful students Jayne managed to get up at 4am to do her learning! This paid off massively as it landed her a six figure analyst job in a bank!
CAN MY EMPLOYER PAY FOR MY TRAINING?
Yes, this is quite common since we focus on helping actual corporate employees. Note that for teams we offer bulk discounts. However, this needs to be done with a corporate credit/debit card. We don’t accept transfer/remittances. Get in touch if you have any specific questions.
DO YOU HAVE A REFUND POLICY?
Yes, we do, we will dust it off if you need it because it rarely happens! You have 30 days to let us know that the training isn’t right for you and we will happily refund.
HOW MUCH DOES IT COST TO TAKE YOUR COURSES?
You can either purchase access to one course or all of our courses, which are listed above. What we have done in a post COVID-19 world is to keep our prices low to accommodate as many ambitious people from all over the world who are looking to upskill through our high level courses without the burden of high expense.
WHY DO YOU SELL IN MULTIPLE CURRENCIES?
We recognise that people prefer to pay in their own currencies and especially when our main product is a recurring membership to all our courses, you can rest assured knowing that fluctuations in currency won't affect your financial commitment.